Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tourismo, Gimnasio, y Escuela

Today marks the second day I have taught together with professors at Instituto Almirante Brown. So far I have participated in four classes, North American Literature, Translation Year 3, Social Studies Year 2, and Basic Aspects of British/U.S. Culture. It is an awesome experience, and I especially love it when I share my experiences, and they ask me questions that are intriguing to answer. For instance, I was asked "What do Americans think of Argentines?" I had to answer honestly and say that they didn't think about them much at all. I explained that we didn't have much Argentine immigration, relations with Argentina, or contact with the culture.

Other than the classes, I have been keeping busy with dance classes, making friends, going to the gym, and being a tourist some days. For instance, yesterday, I went with some friends to three museums in the historic district of town. We went to the Museum of the history of the province, the convent museum, and the ethnographic museum. I am slowly trying to get a feel for the history of the place. Tidbit of the day: the current Argentine constitution was ratified in Santa Fe.

Catch you folks later.

--B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home